Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Eid ul-Fitr

I know this isn't really to do with catriking per se but I wanted to extend my best wishes to all Muslims everywhere for a good and happy Eid ul-Fitr.

I looked out my window this morning and saw nearly 20 young children running down the street. These children, dressed in their finery and carrying what looked like large gift bags looked adorable. One young boy in particular looked no older than about 3 years of age. He had to hold his arm almost straight up so that the gift bag wouldn't drag on the ground. An older Muslim woman, apparently in charge of this cluster of kids, was bringing up the rear as these children headed towards a house on the street. I wasn't sure what was happening until I suddenly realized that as Ramadan had now ended, the festivities could now begin.

So...HAPPY EID UL-FITR!! May you all be blessed with a prosperous year, good health and happiness.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment